Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Where have I been?

Where am I when I need me? Okay, just being silly, but happy to finally feel silly. Had a bit of a scare with my sister thinking she might have cancer-tests have been taken and things have been removed and sliced and diced and analyzed and she has a reprieve, yet again-I'd say she's a lucky gal, having survived ovarian and Kidney cancer-we're downwinders, born and reared in Southern Utah close enough to the Nevada Test Range to see mushroom clouds up close and personal-One sister gone at 34-Leukemia-I'm the oldest girl, so less vulnerable, but the pattern is certainly there and that's the stuff I have been mulling over and getting over and haven't had the spirit to write for awhile-took a leave from work because I needed to get a bunch of stuff done, and only did some of it, but I was getting pretty raggedy in the personality department, so it was a good thing.

Has there been any art done? Well, not really, but I have discovered something about myself which is probably only interesting to myself, but hey, it's my blog. I love to fix things. I buy junk because I see potential in it. My two biggest collections are boxes and picture frames. Been cleaning the garage and sorting through those things that I have just never been able to part with-letters, kids school work, you know what I mean-so instead of letting it all molder in the loft in my garage, I am going to artfully display some of these treasures. They have lived side by side there for many years and now they can all integrate themselves into something to remember and enjoy, and, I hope inspire the creative process that has been pretty much lacking for a while.

I found something that made me laugh and cry and be ashamed of. There are letters and cards from Judy-we got separated in the early seventies and wrote for a year or so, and as things happened, and it was more than likely me, we didn't keep in touch. I still owe her something and I wonder if she remembers? But that's something that I can rectify, and another inspiration. See, there's always something to keep us going, right? I've never told even Judy this, but I always looked up to her-I was the oldest girl in my family and I adopted her as MY big sister, and still think of her that way. Not to put any responsiblity on her that she sure doesn't need, I
just want people who don't know her to realize what a dynamic and hardworking person she is,
and how much she has done to make a great life for herself and others, all on her own steam and hardheadedness, and that's what I so admire in her and feel special to be her friend.

Gotta go put in some time at the consignment shop today, so will say goodmorning for now-the best to all of you in these strange and interesting times. Emma ( picutes later)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home