Sunday, August 10, 2008

pf has stuff


Yeah, I got stuff, and here's a bit of it-one wall of my so called studio, which is every freakin' inch of my house, and it's got to stop, but like a saint said, and I can't remember if it was Aquinas or another one, give me salvation, but not just yet, but he was doing other things besides collecting, which I seriously suspect is my way of making up for no nooky-what do you think?
Won't win any beautiful blog/studio prizes, but hey that's not the idea-it could happen some day, but I'd rather be doing anything but decorating the house-it decorates itself with whatever it's owner is doing that year, that day, so that's what I have to say about that. Defensive? Moi?
I am having fun today getting ready to first, go to crappy job, and then a friend is coming to my house on Tuesday for some play time-Her name is Heidi and she was on the Hospice team that helped when my mother was sick-we got talking and she turned out to be an artist-one who actually goes to school and learns how to do things right the first time-She is in her late twenties and amazingly we find lots of things to talk about and learn from each other. Since I live in isolation from any local artists, it's great fun to know her, and I'm looking forward to Tuesday.
Watching the Olympics last night, I was thinking about how much work goes into the routines in gymnastics and wondering if that fits into what I call the "maestro syndrome"-meaning how,
if you watch the faces of musicians when they are playing or singing or conducting, and not just classical, but anyone who has put years of practice and sweat into perfecting what they do-it is a look of pure joy and abandonment of self-consciousness-Nirvana, I think. For example, Yo-Yo Maw (sp?) Anyway, you know who I mean. That is what I would like art and life to be for me and for anyone who puts in the time and effort-some take longer than others, she says pointing her finger at herself.
The time has come to get back to real life-clerking at a major retail drug store and smiling until my face breaks. It's not horrible, but it's not what I want to be doing, so, the goal is to figure out how to live without it, since I'm barely living with it. Some days I write up two-sided lists to debate the pros and cons of having a job-it has been revised over and over, and I'm still there, so it must not be the right time to quit!
Peeking back at that picture, I'm going to retake and repost it later tonight so you can see what that piece of wire going up the wall is-it's what I like to think of as instant art, but since you can't see it, I can't explain it-so bye for now, emma

1 Comments:

At August 19, 2008 at 8:30 PM , Blogger Judy Wise said...

nooky? You're going to talk about nooky on your blog? ha ha aha hhhaaaa. I love it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home