dumber by the day
After a long weekend of working and playing Mom, I am back at this machine wondering how did I ever get those pictures that are there, there. Several years back I had a little job with a local trade paper that advertised antiques stores and my job was to write a profile of a different shop every month. When I first started, the one man staff did it all the old fashioned way by gluing and pasting and sending the copy to the printers in a box. All I had to do was take the pictures, have them developed and give them to him. Then, he went all modern on me and digitized. My way of dealing with that, since I didn't own a computer and had nearly had a nervous breakdown in college over a computer class, was to go to his house and let him talk me through writing and editing myself and I never did it without him to bail me out. He loaned me his digital camera but did all of the picture things without me ever knowing how it worked. Then he died. I bought a computer and a digital camera and finally with much hair pulling was able to at least learn enough to drive his brother, who had taken over, completely nuts. I just kept at it each month while having a hotline to him-- too far away to drive to conveniently, and we always got the paper out. I never really learned anything, just enough to get me in trouble and my files are just a mess. My kids won't help me because they know I'm a basket case and they plead ignorance, so I let them slide because I love them and they are otherwise honest and honorable people.
So, I have the dummie books and even they are pretty hard to take because they presuppose some knowledge of the vocabulary that is supposed to be in my DNA by now but just isn't.
Thought about taking a night class, but job messes with that, so, guess I will hit the books again
and see what happens. If this post is something of a downer, fear not, my sense of humor still lives, it is merely dormant. Have some shots of pf goldbug on the camera, but will they ever see the light of day? Emphatically, yes. Later, emma

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home