Thursday, October 21, 2010

almost winter

It will be winter next week and I'm ready for whatever it brings-determined not to be grouchy and wimpy through it this year. I am happy to be alive and there is just so much to do. Got to get finished with those copper charms as I cut a bunch of them but have to have a strong stomach to get to that liver of sulfur stuff. Also want to try my hand at etching which involves yet another weird chemical. I'm good with all the stuff that does wood stripping etc., but the metal stuff is new to me- timidly I will go forward.

Met a nice lady at the UPS store today whilst I was picking up my salvage-raw materials that they throw away and I make stuff with. The ideas are circulating in my head and I stay up most of the night engineering and pondering. Pretty soon I will have an etsy shop or a website-Shauna P. and Heidi J. are going to help me with some of this because I have begged them to help me get going in one direction at a time. Talk about your attention deficit blah blah I have it in spades. I start clearing up to do a project and before you know it, off in another direction, sheesh it's not easy being me. Anyway, nice lady, if you look up this blog and you live in the town where I met you, do leave a comment and eventually I will have something to show off,
I promise, and if you want to be creative I am thinking of getting my old pals and some new ones to do a monthly "Play Date". Paint, craft, poetry, whatever-no credentials required, just good will and attitude.

I am getting cold but not sleepy, so it's off to bed to read for awhile. Be happy, be good. Em

1 Comments:

At October 22, 2010 at 5:41 PM , Blogger Judy Wise said...

play dates. YESSSSSS!!!! They are the best; keep you going, force your hand, drag it out of you.

counting the weeks. xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home