Saturday, October 2, 2010

slug

Well, I've played away another perfectly good summer and the house isn't sold, cleaned. painted or organized. The bills are paid and for that I thank my lucky stars. The rest is cosmetic and short of a little embarrassment it just doesn't matter.

I've been obsessing and keep promising to post photos, but I don't have the patience to relearn all of the details of posting photos-that's a good winter project. This week I have been making copper charms-cut it with shears, stamp it, scratch it and put it in the sulfur-tonight while I'm watching Doc Martin and MI-5 I can file and stamp a batch of them and tomorrow morning they will go in the soup. Made some of them out of a dented copper charger that I found at a thrift store-lotta copper for a dollar. It has to be stripped (citrus stripper) and rubbed with lacquer thinner and fine steel wool so it's clean enough to be made to look dirty again-go figure. I know a lot of people don't like the organic solvents and they're probably eating up brain cells but so does wine and anything else I like to drink. I like what gets the JOB done.

It's my Birthday and I'm having a good time just slugging it more than normal today-been reading a mystery, making a pot of beans and ham hocks, sorting through stuff for ideas, and naps-naps are my friend. The kids are both on or near the West Coast working and playing and I didn't even have to get dressed for visitors. Now, I will pop into bed and read quilting arts and some jewelry books and see if I can figure out how people put stuff together. Don't have that gene-it's going to take some work and experimenting and yes, some disappointment-that's where I get touchy-don't handle failure well any more-and instead of jumping back in and doing it again start backing off and putting it off. This stuff should probably go in a journal but it's easier to write this way, and so what if someone reads it-maybe I'm not the only one who works this way-support group anyone?

Okay, it's almost time for Doc Martin-he makes me laugh and the characters are so good. May the Great Muse of Humanity shine down on you all and keep you from mental harm. pfstuff

1 Comments:

At October 3, 2010 at 10:15 AM , Blogger Judy Wise said...

First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear Em. I will write it down somewhere (and probably lose it). So sorry I'm a day late. But jeez, it sounds like you are being a good craftster and all with the copper and toxic chemicals and glass of wine nearby.

I'm packing for Art & Soul today and pretending I don't have ADD, old-timers and cranky-ass to boot.

Looking forward to a visit from you in a couple of months. I am studiously carrying out loads of garbage; watch "Hoaders" it is good inspiration.

Hugs dear heart. Take care of yourself and keep on truckin'. xoxoxoxoxoxxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home