Sunday, July 18, 2010

July, hot, 2010

Hi there-Time to try again-What have I been up to? Well, I went to the Art Nest Retreat in Utah, which is close for me, since I live in Utah. It was great fun-met some wonderful artists and nice people. Spoiled us rotten is what they did. I was so relaxed it was hard to do much art-just lolled around and watched everyone else work-like to think learning by osmosis is a good process-just now, a month later, gearing up to do the projects-plaster and wax books a la Stephanie Lee and sewn felt and machine writing books a la Ruth Rae, both excellent teachers and fun people, by the way.

What is laughingly called a studio is just a mess-harder I try to organize, the worse it gets. Tried to move, as in sell the shack and get out of Dodge, but realized waiting too long to make decisions costs $$$$$$$$. So, the option is still there it's just that where I would go would have to be a lot cheaper. What are we ready to settle for in order to be warm? ALMOST ANTHING-chicken coop, small trailer, what?

Looking for a nifty pic to post-been in garage looking for a chest that needed something done to it-like dusting off and maybe a quick strip of the nasty shellac-it's a right nice lilttle cedar chest and it smells so good-love boxes, collect boxes, never met a box I didn't like-only thing better is when they're chock full of STUFF.

I know that I have Zero to maybe one reader and it's okay, because I'm going to be putting some very cool stuff up here and I hope it gets discovered, but maybe I don't. Been working on this for quite some time-what I call working on means when I'm in the mood, when I'm not depressed, too cold, too hot, or too lazy, let's be honest here. okay, going to strip it now-will show before and after pictures soon.

1 Comments:

At July 19, 2010 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Judy Wise said...

You have a very loyal reader here who is also a lousy email writer. Good to hear you are pushing ideas and materials around ... me too.

love you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home